domingo, 11 de septiembre de 2016

Savannah by Seamwork

Hello! Finally I ended up my two savannah camisoles.

I fitted the pattern, cutting out a bust size 12, waist 14, hips 12 for the front. For the back a 12 in the bust, 10 for waist and 14 for hips. I raised the waist (4 cm), made a huge swayback adjustment (11 cm), and added a bust dart.


Here it goes the fluffy side of the life ;-P.
I did not know how to finish the neckline in the blue one. I did not want go out and buy more stuff do you know. Finally I found out this piece of pom-pom trim that was used to whip up a floor cushion.
To say the truth,  hemming the pink one was a pain in the neck!
The fabric is a remnant of rayon viscose (not the ideal for a bias garment but I loved the color and the drape). No matter how careful I was , the hem kept turning out distorded and not nice at all.


The solution? I serged it with a matching thread with a very narrow seam. And that's all folks...


Happy with the result

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario